Monday, November 25, 2013

Mandarin Chinese-- Lesson 56 (Four special greetings you need to know in China (I))

Chinese Language Learning Program
Lesson 56 – Four special greetings you need to
 know in China (I)


Hello, everyone. Welcome back. This is Baixue’s Chinese Language Learning Program. Last time, we finished modest and honorific words in Chinese part III. Today, we will talk about four special greetings you need to know in China.

1.   chī le ma?
    吗?(Have you eaten?)

Scenario One:
A: chī le ma?
      吗?(Have you eaten?)
B: chī  le.   nǐ ne?
    了。你 呢?(Yes, I have. How about you?) (If you have finished your meal, you can just say.)
A: wǒ bù zhī dào chī shén me!
                          么!
     ( I have no idea what to eat.)

Scenario Two:
A: Bai Xue, chī le ma?
         雪,   吗?(Bai Xue, have you eaten?)
B: wǒ gāng chī guò. nǐ ne?
                  .    ? (I just finished, you?)
A: wǒ yě chī le.
           吃了。(I finished mine too. )

Scenario Three:
A: chī le ma?
      吃 了吗?(Have you eaten?)
B: hái méi chī, wǒ mǎ shàng jiù qù.
            吃,我               去。
     (Not yet, I will go to eat right now.)

Scenario Four:
A: chī le ma?
       吗?(Have you eaten?)
B: hái méi chī, wǒ yí huì er jiù qù.
            吃,我       去。
     (Not yet, I will go to have something to eat in a minute.)

Scenario Five:
A: chī le ma?
       吗?(Have you eaten?)
B: hái méi chī, nǐ ne?
            , ? (Not yet, how about you?)
A: wǒ yě méi chīzǒu bɑyí kuài chī qù.
            吃。     吧,一  块 吃 去.
(Me neither. Come on, let’s go to have something to eat.)
B: hǎo de.
         的。(Ok.)

Movie fragment: 


Ok, today’s idiom is

                        lì bù cóng xīn
                              

---means One's strength does not match one's ambitionsability falling short of one's wishes; ability not equal to one's ambitionbe unable to do as well as one would wish.”

wǒ xiǎng yòng yīng yǔ lái tán huàdàn shì lì bù cóng xīn.
     想   用          谈 话,     不 从 心。
 (I tried to carry on a conversation in English, but it
  far exceeded my ability.)

Ok, that is all for today.

xiè  xiè!
     ! (Thanks!)

xià  cì  jiàn 
     !  (See you next time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment