Friday, March 14, 2014

Chinese Language Learning Program Lesson 85–How to use “when, where, how, what and who” to ask questions in Chinese

Chinese Language Learning Program
Lesson 85 – How to use “when, where, how, what and who” to ask questions in Chinese


Hello, everyone. Welcome back. This is Baixues Chinese Language Learning Program. Last time we had a tongue twister in Chinese. Today, we will talk about how to use “when, where, how, what and who” to ask questions in Chinese.

shén me shí hou                     nǎ  lǐ
             (when)            (where)

zěn me                      shén me                 shuí
    (how)                   (what)         (who)

How to use these interrogatives to ask questions?

Let’s see some example sentences:

shén me shí hou
            (when):

1.   diàn yǐng shén me shí hòu  kāi shǐ
                              始?
(When will the movie will start?)

2.   nǐ xià zhōu shén me shí hou yǒu kòng?
                             空?
(When will you be free next week?)

3.   nǐ shì cóng  shén me shí hou kāi shǐ xué yóu yǒng de?
                                             的?
(When did you start to learn how to swim? )

nǎ  lǐ
 (where)

1.   wǒ zài  nǎ lǐ kě yǐ zhǎo dào yín háng
      哪里可                 行?
(Where can I find a bank?)

2.   nǐ zhù zài  nǎ lǐ?
         在   里?
(Where are you living?)

3.   wǒ de shū bāo zài nǎ'er ne?
               哪儿 呢?
(Where is my backpack?)

zěn me / rú hé / zěn me yàng / duō shǎo / duō me
     /            /           /        (how)

1.   nǐ zhī dào zěn me zuò dàn gāo ma?
                             吗?
(Do you know how to make a cake?)

2.   nǐ zuì jìn zěn me yàng?
 最 近        样? (How’s everything going?)

3.   zǒng gòng shì duō shǎo qián?
                          钱?
(How much are those items?)

4.   nǐ yào dāi duō jiǔ?
           久?(How long will you stay?)

5.   nǐ yǒu duō shǎo gè fù huó jié dàn?
               个复        蛋?
(How many Easter Eggs do you have?)

shén me
       (what) (This one is more complicate, so I just give you some examples. If you want to know more about “what” in Chinese, you have to find more information by yourself. This one could be a lesson.)

1.   nǐ xiǎng yào shén me?
                  么?(What do you want?)

2.   jǐ diǎn le?
   几 点 了?(What time is it?)

3.   nǐ jiào shén me míng zì?
                 字?
(What’s your name?)

4.   zhēn shi hǎo xiāo xi!
                息!(What a great news!)

shuí
  (Who)

1.   nǐ shì shuí?
      谁?(Who are you? Who is it?)

2.   nǐ zài hé shuí shuō huà?
                话?
(Who are you talking to?)

Ok, today’s idiom is:

zuò zéi xīn xū
         (Guilty consciences make men cowardshave a guilty conscience)

yī gè rén fàn le cuò wù jiù huì zuò zéi xīn xū.
                         虚。
(He that does a bad thing thinks everyone speak of it.)

Ok, that is all for today.

xiè  xiè!
    ! (Thanks!)

xià  cì  jiàn 
     !  (See you next time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment